Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Wiki Adventure

Well my wiki adventures were interesting. I found no page on the PB Wiki for library officers, so thought I would add one. That proved to be easier than I thought it would. No wonder wikis can grow to astronomical size in such a short time. Now that I am registered with PB, I receive alerts everytime someone adds or changes things on the Library Learning wiki. This is certainly handy if you are involved with a wiki that you want to keep updated on. From what I can see PB wiki is a great wiki site, and I would consider using it if I was going to set up a wiki for anything.

I then moved on to wikipedia and looked up my suburb. Sure enough, it was there and I actually knew something that could be added. This proved even easier. But there was a nice surprise in store. For when I clicked on a hyperlink in the references section of the article, where should it take me ... to our library site! We have links to local suburb histories on our website and who ever wrote and referenced the article used our information.

Again, this exercise has been great fun and I'm constantly learning new and surprising things. Hope everyone else is finding the same.

Until next post .... JoDee

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Dear JoDee

Wow - you are a shining example to your colleagues! An old hand at blogging but looking for new applications in the workplace, and having fun at the same time.

Victoria