Thursday, March 27, 2008

Answer Boards - Librarian Heaven!

Really enjoyed this week. It was simply fun! Love the Taste site, and yes I've signed up to yet another membership. I can understand why people who do not have the inclination or the access to an off-line social life would become addicted to on-line communities. It's so easy to do and just about every interest anyone could have is available.

Did not find the Answer Board Librarians wiki user friendly or all that interesting I'm afraid. I could not find interesting or relative information. I'd like to hear if anyone else found this site helpful and if so, enlighten me, please.

What I really loved this week was the Yahoo!7Answers. What fun! As librarians we all love finding and delivering answers to our customers. After logging in and setting up my profile, I went straight in and managed to answer four questions, exactly the same way I would at work, by using our resources. Maybe not as satisfying as supplying the goods to a real life person, but enjoyable all the same. I must admit that it is not only the giving of information I enjoy, I also love adding to my own store of knowledge ... and what better way to receive than to give!

No comments: