Tuesday, April 29, 2008

On Line Applications

Well, I've sent my document from Google Docs. Again, very easy to do. I know if the majority of our customers who pay $2 for 30 minutes of word processing knew this was free on line, they wouldn't bother! How long before fees for such things go out the window?

I have already stated in my document some of the uses I can see for on line documents in public libraries. Just the simple fact that they can be shared between branches so easily seems reason enough. E-mailing and attaching already seems old hat!

Have had a quick look at Zoho. Seems to have even more options! I'm looking forward to sharing this one with collegues and friends. I'd never even heard of it before ... what rock have I been under!!


2 comments:

slnsw_learning_2.0 said...

New web 2.0 tools keep appearing all the time the trick is to find the ones you like!

Mylee (PLS)

wscaster said...

Lol no rock...or the same rock as most people seem to be under. I knew about Open Office, which our IT people were talking about using, until I stumbled upon Zoho in an article in PC Authority (magazine I occasionally buy) and have loved it ever since!