Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My First Rant

Well, I'm a little late getting to this Blog, but I'm sure everyone will understand as I've been on holidays (far from any computers) and have just got started. Looks as though it will be fun. I am not unfamiliar with Blogs as I have been blogging for awhile now, but there is always more to learn, and the advantages for libraries with Web 2.0 has been clear to me ever since I started.

So far, I'm impressed with the course and have obediently followed all the steps in week one, knowing I am already behind and could possibly skip a few of them. I find it exciting to think about getting libraries interactive on the web, so that users can become part of our community through their computers.

This said, it was a little disappointing going to the example links for Library Blogs and finding few or no comments on most of the posts. We have a big job ahead of us! The on-line users need to know that libraries are out there with Web 2.0 at their disposal.

I won't rant any further ... Save it for another post.

No comments: