Friday, February 29, 2008

Fun with Flickr


Here I am for my second post, and it was not an easy exercise, I can tell you. I have two email addresses registered with Google, and of course I put the wrong one in, so I was unable to get to my blog (as a blogger). I could find it through the URL, but unable to access it without the correct user name.

It has been fun. Including this Blog I contribute to two others and they all work just that little bit differently. I can be my own worst enemy though, as I am bad for not reading what's in front of me when on the net. Taking in all the instructions does help ... so here I am!

Week three has been fun. Flickr is a great site for photos. I do have an account already and have posted photos of my twin grand sons. I have many relatives in Canada so it is a great way of giving them access to them. Did a search on my home town and found over 6oo photos available for viewing. This is pretty good considering I come from a very small, generally unknown fishing village. The world really is a smaller place.

Above is one of the nicer photos I found. I'm a sucker for sunrises and sunsets. Have a look at some others from
Beautiful British Columbia.

It seems easy enough to load pictures. But I was puzzled with loading from my computer. In other blogs I have to type in where I wanted to retrieve the photo from, but Blogger seems to know that already. I couldn't get my cursor to click into the search box so I just clicked 'browse' and it took me straight to 'my pictures'. My other blogs require more direction.

So the learning continues ... what will next week bring!?

No comments: